Tuesday 12 March 2013

Question 2 - how did you use media technologies in the construction and research planning and evaluating stages?

 
 Question 2 - how did you use media technologies in the construction and research planning and evaluating stages?
 

Research and planning - in other to portray a correct representation of the artist I intended to create I needed to familiarize myself with the conventional artist representation. At this, the Internet was very useful as I was able to connect my self with broad platforms of information. With the use of Google I was able to search for information I needed such as pictures of the artist and how the audience feel they should be represented. I also used Wikipedia while trying to find the definition of certain genre however this wasn’t always useful as at certain times the information given were invalid or out of date. YouTube was also useful as I was able to browse lots of music video and decide what music we would like to do. it was further useful in later research of artist representation and music videos conventions. However YouTube being so broad as its downside as it is easy to get distracted with irrelevant videos.
 
The use of Word was also important as doing tasks such as writing a script for things like these or writing ideas for music videos. These tasks were made easy compared to writing on paper, which I could easily loose. However working on word had its limitation, as I felt limited in making my ideas more extended. Also gathering information can sometimes be quite boring if presented on things like word or PowerPoint however the use of Prezi and Scribd allowed my research presentation to be more interesting. Also delivering my research and planning was made easy with the use of my blog which became like a personal diary to me. However like every diary I’ve tried keeping it can sometimes be hard to keep up to date and other days problems with internet connection meant that I would be unable to upload my work. Luckily I have an iPod which I could download the blogger app on therefore I’m able to upload my blog on the go
 
Means of communicating with other group member we used mobile devices which was quick and easy. Social network site could also have been another option however we steered away from that so not to get easily distracted. Mobile phones were also useful in getting digitals stills ad evidence for our filming.
 
Production – During the production process we used the HDV camera for the first time. this was brilliant in getting clear shots however using this e were unable to playback so sometimes it was guess work whether we got the right shot or not. We also make use of handy cams for free hands shots. And although it was useful the quality of the shots we got was sometimes limited. The tripod was also an important aspect in filming as we could get really steady shots rather than bad shaky shots although the tripod was very useful it had its disadvantages by being in the background in most of the good shots we got. While editing the Macs were really useful. We used final cut which we used last year and compared to programs like I movie it allowed more flexibility. We also used I movie for things like making focus putting together focus group we also used I movie as well as quick time player for making onscreen filming of our editing process.
 
Evaluation – evaluation process required gathering information and analyzing it. One way this was made easy was through the use of a website called survey monkey.
The use of technology was a very important aspect in my advanced portfolio production

No comments:

Post a Comment